Saturday, March 5, 2011

Friday Night Mentoring

On Friday I was fortunate enough to team up with AAUW- American Association for University Women, for a mentoring program.  AAUW a Mizzou organization that I'm involved in gave young ladies in 5th, 6th, and 7th grade the opportunity to come out for a p.j. party.  I was given the opportunity to talk to the girls about the importance of confident and the importance of loving herself for who she is.  It was so much fun as Miss Greater KC, but also as an AAUW member to talk about my platform and a topic I feel strongly about! The young ladies seemed to really enjoy it, and I'm so happy for the success of the new program!






"Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit"


~E.E. Cummings

No comments:

Post a Comment