Thursday, March 31, 2011

Blessed!

Over Spring Break, although I was not on a beach, I was able to spend quality time with my mom and with the Miss Greater KC organization.  My mom came for orientation and then went on a four day adventure in 3 states with me to look for the perfect dress.  The laughs, the tears, and all the fun food we ate was definitely worth spending much of my spring break in the car.  I'm so blessed to have a mother who supports and loves me so much.  She does anything she can to help me and she is an incredible woman.  


In addition to having a wonderful mother, I can not thank my director Angie Young, for being the most outstanding director.  At the very beginning of this journey she was ready to dive in right there with me.   Every question, concern, freak out moment thus far she has been there!  This year has been so worthwhile because of Angie supporting me and laughing with me!


Finally, another warm blessing that came into my life right when I needed her, Shannon West.  Shannon West my dance coach is soft-spoken and spunky, calm and vibrant, from her dance skills to her crazy tattoos.   Every dance practice is an opportunity to not only better my dance skills, and my number for Miss Mo. but most importantly I have had the opportunity to build a new friendship! Shannon is so patient and kind and truly loves the arts and that's what makes her such an amazing teacher!

Thank you Lord for the blessings you have granted me with thus far. 

I love this song and it resinates with this passage!

No comments:

Post a Comment