Friday, August 26, 2011

Miss Missouri

                                                               Quinn and I!

Sydney Friar! 


                                                                Jessica Arl, my roommate!
                                                                    Miss Missouri 2011


                                                   My little sister Ashley and I at the parade!
Howdy,


   It has been far to long that I've blogged and I'm so sorry! When I reflect on my Miss Missouri experience, I have nothing but positive memories! From the very beginning I met a life-long friend,  Quinn Dennis! We were partners for the golf tournament and since then we have remained good friends! Such a warm and positive person who was truly a blessing during the pageant! As the days continued, the experience was one I would never forget! For the first three days, we did a lot of dancing, and a lot more dancing! I was averaging about 6 hours a night of sleep, which just was not cutting it! In between rehearsals, we would have meals and appearances as a group! So much laughter and crazy times! 
  My roommate was Jessica Arl and we had a lot of good laughs and chats at night! She was quite the diva and the perfect Miss Missouri roommate! 
  We started prelims on Tuesday, interview day!  I loved interview and speaking with all the judges about my experiences and life!  Wednesday I competed in Evening Wear and On-stage question.  I loved my evening gown and on-stage question always gives me a run for my money.   Thursday was my talent! I wasn't the happiest about my talent, but this experience was all about learning and gaining insight about the pageant world! Friday night was the best! I just had to strut my stuff in a swimsuit! Easy enough, huh? It was a lot of fun, and quite a liberating experience.  I give all the ladies credit for being so FIERCE and sassy! 
  Saturday was one busy and hectic day! In the morning we were in a parade in Mexico and from there we went to lunch and then show-time! Saturday night was so crazy!  It all happened so fast, and I couldn't be more honored to know Sydney Friar, Miss Missouri 2011! Sydney has the warmest heart and a contagious spirit! She is truly the greatest representation of Missouri and America! I hope from this blogging you were able to grasp why the Miss America system does such a wonderful job enlightening young women and gives awesome scholarships to incredible people! 


Thank you to all the people who supported me and helped me before and during my Miss Missouri experience! I couldn't be more thrilled to know such wonderful people! I love you all! 


Carolyn~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment